Friday, September 19, 2008

Health Update

Here is a copy of the email I sent out today updating my current health...

For all of my dear friends and family members who continue to pray for me, I wanted to give you an update and share some great news with you.

On Sept 12, I celebrated the 6 year anniversary of my kidney and pancreas transplant. It was a year ago this month that the doctors told me that my kidney and pancreas had failed and I would need to go back on insulin, need dialysis within days and would need a new kidney transplant. Here it is 12 months later and my kidney has actually rejuvenated itself back to the function I had before it went into failure last year. God is good!

Most of you also know that my sight has been impaired for years and for the last 4 years I have not been able to drive. Last month, I was able to have an eye surgery that dramatically improved the vision in my left eye. My vision was 20/200 and I was told the best I could hope for would be 20/100. The day after surgery, my vision was 20/40 and one week later, my vision was 20/25!!!! This past Monday, I was able to get my driver's license with no restrictions attached! (Did I mention God is Good)

I wanted to share my good news with all of you to be a testimony to the Lord's work and so that you can witness for yourself the power of your prayers. I feel your prayers every hour of my life as they carry me through each and every trial into triumph.

The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall praise Him. Psalm 28:7

No comments: