Sunday, October 26, 2008

And We All Go Home

Well, I didn’t get to go home on Friday as planned. You would think I would have learned by now that I ALWAYS get a second wind of the nausea and pain. Just when it seems to have left and I am over it, it comes back with vengeance! Round 2 started Friday morning and lasted well into Saturday night. I started feeling better during the night and was able to keep down some broth this morning. The good news is that there has NEVER been a third wind and since my labs looked good, the doctor discharged me this morning. The first thing I did, as always, is soak in a long hot bath. Oh, how I love my baths! After that, I made a huge pot of homemade potato soup…what comfort food after being sick for 5 days.

I, however, was not the only one who was able to be discharged from the hospital. On Friday, Janie called mom all excited saying they had just received word that there was a bed available for Beverly in an Oklahoma hospital and they were going to transport her that night!! I am so happy for them! I would have never expected it to happen so soon! Because I had started feeling sick again on Friday, I couldn't get out of bed to go and tell them bye, but at some point in the afternoon, I woke up from a deep sleep to find Janie standing over me saying she had come to tell me goodbye and drop off a gift for me.

Janie called mom on Sat to tell her they had a great flight and Beverly was settled in her room and loving it! Now that I know Beverly, I can bet you she's got a big ole grin in her face. Please continue to pray for her complete recovery and also pray for her sister Janie who is constantly at her bedside.

No comments: