Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mother's Love

First of all, to all the mother's reading this blog - HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Anybody who knows me, knows that I am very close to my mom. I am very blessed to have such an incredibly loving woman as a mother and today I give my highest honor to her. She is an amazingly unselfish woman with a heart filled of love and kindness that overflows to all the people around her. You can’t help but do anything but smile when you are around my mom, she just has that effect on everyone she meets.

My mom has been the one who has stood by my side to get me through every trial, to wipe every tear and to celebrate every triumph. In order to do that, she has had to make a tremendous amount of sacrifices for me, much more than any mother should ever have to do. After my transplants, she quit her job of 13 years and has been my nurse, when I was sick, my chauffeur when I couldn't see to drive, my maid when I was too weak to clean, my cheerleader when I was down, my narrator when I couldn’t see to read and the list goes on and on.

I would never trade any of the trials in my life because I know that it was only through those trials that I got to know my mother’s heart, to experience her unconditional love and to build an awesome mother and daughter relationship that I might have otherwise took for granted or missed out on. I have learned how short life really is and that I should never let one day go by without telling her how much I love her.

But over all the sacrifices my mom has made for me, the reason I love her most is because of her deep love for our Lord and Savior. For I know that it is only through her love of Our Almighty Father in heaven that she is able to show me the unconditional love of a mother here on earth. She has told me many times that, as painful as it may be for her, she knows that I was God’s child long before I was ever her child. When I have been very sick, she has trusted Him so much that she lovingly placed me in His hands to do His will. Mercifully, He has placed me back in her arms so that I can be with her a little while longer.

It would take writing a book rather than a blog to share just how much my mom means to me but here is my best shot:

My mom is an angel with invisible wings
sent from heaven by the King of all Kings.
In my heart, she has a special place
for I see God’s reflection when I look in her face.
Always willing to go the extra mile,
she never complains and wears a big smile.
She is always there to love and to guide
never once has she left my side.
She holds my hand through the pain and strife,
she is the one true constant in my life.
When I am sick, weak and no longer can stand,
I can always count on her helping hand.
She gives me the strength and courage I need,
She is my rock that helps me succeed.
I can never express what her love means to me
it’s a mirror of God’s love, I know it must be.
We have a special bond that knows no end
she’s not just my mom, she’s my best friend!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

That was beautiful!! And very well deserved! You are so right about your mother, my Nanny! She is such a special person and you have done well by honoring her on Mother's Day and every day! I LOVE HER!!!!
Sheila